How to Create a Pinterest Business Account
If you are planning to use Pinterest for your business, it is imperative that you convert your personal Pinterest account to a business Pinterest account.
However, many people find it intimidating on how to get started with the initial steps. So here’s a guide on how you can convert your personal Pinterest account to a business Pinterest account.
In this post, you will:
- learn how to convert Pinterest business accounts from existing personal accounts
- set up a business account on Pinterest
- learn the best practices for Pinterest business accounts to help you get the most out of your marketing.
Personal vs business account
First, let’s determine the difference between a personal Pinterest account and a business Pinterest account.
Also, getting a Pinterest business account is FREE!
Follow these 3 easy steps to switch from a personal Pinterest account to business Pinterest account:
Step One: Convert Personal Pinterest Account to a Business Account
If you created a personal account for business purposes, you can convert your personal account to a business account. Your Pins and followers will remain the same. You can switch back to a personal account at any time.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the upper right corner of Pinterest
- Select Settings
- Click Account Settings
- Scroll down to Account Changes
- Select Convert Account
- Double-check that the email address is the one associated with your Pinterest personal account
- And then click Continue
Step Two: Verify your Website with Pinterest
Once you’re done converting your personal account to a business account through Pinterest, one of the most important steps is to verify your website on Pinterest.
- Click the drop down menu in the upper right corner of Pinterest
- Select Settings
- Select Claim
- Enter your website URL in the “Claim your website” section
- Click Claim
- Select Claim option (You can add an HTML tag to your website or Upload an HTML file to your website’s root directory)
- Add then add the tag or file to your website in another tab, and then return to your open Pinterest tab and select Next
- Click Submit for Review and wait for Pinterest to verify (they’ll email you in 24 hours)
Step Three: Organize Your Pinterest Boards
You can keep the boards that are related to your business and add relevant ones. Think about who your target customer is and aim to create boards that serve their needs.
And that’s it! Now, you might be asking…
Can you have both a personal and business Pinterest account?
Absolutely! You can have a personal Pinterest account and a business account that can be completely separate from one another!
By adding your business account to your personal account, you can easily switch between the two without going through the entire login process.
How can I switch back from a business account on Pinterest?
You need to log in to Pinterest and click the drop-down menu next to your profile photo. And then, select “Account Settings” and scroll down to Account Changes. Click “Convert to Personal Account,” read the pop-up warning and confirm your decision by tapping “Convert account.”
If you have more questions, send me a message and I’d be glad to answer it!
You might also find these guides helpful in marketing your website on Pinterest:
Or if you’re ready to take your Pinterest game to the next level, check out my services here.